Another week... another hotel room

... same hotel.

The slow settling in to the life of a wandering consultant is continuing. Back in the regular hotel, in another room... that looks not surprisingly like the one I was in the week before last. Last weeks one was a radical difference... only since they put in my an "accessible" room. I presumed this was because the week before that I'd done my back in and was walking around like Quasimodo!

There is little to write about here sadly... work, hotel, work, hotel, home... seems the pattern of the moment.

Had a nice weekend home though, we went to see The Script at The O2 - Daughter of Furtheron being completely made up by this, singing, screaming etc. Mrs F enjoyed it although she is not well at all - not like her. She has battled on through a nasty cold going to work when probably she shouldn't have, largely since others were off sick and she thought she needed to in. Well she has ended up with an infection... or two! Her throat is nasty and I think she has a nasty sinus infection given the pain she was in at times. She has finally succumbed and gone off sick got and anti-biotic and hopefully will be on the mend soon.

Other than than I watched the F1 race - so the new wing thing really did a lot to help encourage overtaking... not! My son with his physicist hat on tells me it is a fundamentally flawed concept. We'll see, maybe they can fine tune it, but when Button was clearly so much quicker than Massa around the lap the fact he couldn't pass with the new contraption had to make you wonder.

Oh and watched the Rally de Portugal too - I finally have subscribed to a TV channel something I've long resisted but with WRC on ESPN and live rugby on there too in the end I went that way. The coverage is better than the old Dave stuff - more action less talk. The live power stage this weekend was good as well.

Joe Bonnamassa's new CD turned up as well as Burke and Hare on DVD so those were a couple of other distractions.

So that is about it at the moment. Not sure I have the work/life balance right working 11 - 12 hours a day and staying away 3 or 4 nights a week but what are you supposed to do? I should be really grateful I've got a job.

Comments

  1. Work life balance is hard, life's too short to spend time unhappy though.

    Hope your wife takes loads of rest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say: one of the lads from church is working on the Bloodhound Project. I expect that will mean something to you and your son.

    Oh good grief, what a word verifier! czqcpti

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Liz - indeed - my name will be on it somewhere I think

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice guitar..like this see ny blog on http://stringson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation

Let's talk plectrums...