Google Reader demise...

Damn!  Google has announced that Google Reader is being killed off.

I use it a lot - I have the blogs I follow in there and it is easy to read.  I have the Andriod client which syncs it all up on my phone as well so I can read on the move or at a PC.  I moved to Reader in 2010 when it was announced that Bloglines was closing.  In the end Bloglines didn't close but I'd moved over already.  Sadly Bloglines doesn't have an Andriod reader from what I can see and exporting / importing my feeds has worked but Bloglines seems a pain.   And how long before that closes.

Annoying.  I know everyone uses Twitter these days .... well actually they don't - I'm an RSS aggregator die hard fan - I like having it all in one place, I can catagorise etc. and read in the reader or pop to the site to comment.

Grrr - Annoyed of England.

Stop press - there is a petition - whether it'll do any good who knows but if you want to sign go to http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/14/change-org-peition-google-reader/

Comments

  1. I thought I was the only one sweating this. If you need me, I'll be over at the petition. Curses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll try - but going to check out theoldreader.com over the weekend. apparently like google reader used to be, and a simple click to transfer. fingers crossed that it works.... grrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could try Feedly - they have apps for Android and iPhone / iPad and Web access. You can link your Google Reader account to it and, apparently, they'll transfer everything over when Google shuts down the Reader, apparently. But this whole thing does demonstrate that despite their assertions to the contrary Google ARE evil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation

Let's talk plectrums...