RSS aggregation aggravation continued...


Thought I'd look at theoldreader.com - hit Import and gave it my Subscriptions.xml file to chew on...

"Thank you for uploading your OPML file. We will soon start importing your subscriptions, which might take up to several hours depending on the amount of feeds you have.

There are 20643 users in the import queue ahead of you."

LOL!   I think a lot of people are moving over today!   I'll come back to it...

I've tried Bloglines and Netvibes (same thing actually as Bloglines is now just rebadged Netvibes from what I can see).  Most stuff has gone over ok but frustratingly a few feeds are not working.  I have to go through and re-add and some of them then say "No feed" or similar - which is rubbish as they are working Reader - quick look on the forums seems a common complaint, if there is a problem and you are only subscriber they are unlikely to help.  Annoying!

Hence why I'll try theoldreader.com  - when it catches up, still it does put up a nice picture of a kitten when it isn't working

Comments

  1. I'm using Feedly.com now and it's working well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right off to try Feedly as well... at this rate I'll be able to write a comprehensive review and guide on migration!

      Delete
  2. i'm going to get queued up for theoldreader, and will follow you as you wander around the options. thanks for being lead dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when i signed up? only 33,000 users ahead of me! got til 1 July, right? :-)

      Delete
    2. Haha. I'm leaning towards Feedly I think looks best so far for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation