The start of the finish

There's a confusing post title and probably the title of my forthcoming 90 min epic single track progressive rock album... ;-)

No seriously folks.  I've started on the finish.

I'm using the excellent Wudtone products.  I like these since they are so easy for a DIY build like mine.  You "rag" them on, I use old cut up pyjamas as they seem best to me in terms of not soaking too much of the liquid up etc.  No sprays or complicated stuff like that.  You don't get the mirror finish a pro would get with proper spray booths etc. but the finish on the Tele Build was really good just right between colour, semi gloss shine and the feel of the real wood.  They have some sort of sealant in them so help with making the wood resistant to water etc. so all good.

The body is being finished in Carmine Gypsy red and the neck in Original Vintage Yellow.

Here they are after the application of the first coats.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

Let's talk plectrums...

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation