My must have albums

I was thinking the other day about what are for me "must have albums".  By that I mean ones that I have always had close to any regular playlist.  I then thought about it and some shine out as I've bought them on multiple formats over the years.  Some were cassettes that got trashed so an LP was bought, or bought as vinyl to be replaced with a CD or even some direct as MP3 downloads.  This shows to me that they are my "must haves" due to my needing to maintain them in my listening format of choice.

Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
Weather Report - Heavy Weather
Rush -   Moving Pictures
Supertramp...  Crime of the century and Crisis? What Crisis!
John Martyn. Solid air  and Grace and Danger
Marillion. Season's End, Misplaced Childhood and Script for a Jester's Tear
Thunder - Laughing on judgement day
Joe Satriani -  Surfing with the alien
Ufo - Strangers in the night

So all of the above have been bought by me at least once on a replacement format, some more than once - the Supertramp ones hit that target!

So for me this is my must have list.

Comments

  1. Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow
    Rush - Permanent Waves
    Steely Dan - Katy Lied
    The soundtrack to the movie Manhattan
    Bach - The French Suites
    Ray Charles Greatest Hits Vol. 2
    Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis

    It's early. That's all I got for now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Signature Guitar

12 String Guitar - Bridge Doctor Installation

Let's talk plectrums...